At Aylsham Community Church our Vision is:
REACH | RESTORE | RELEASE
- To REACH every generation in our local community and beyond with the Gospel so that unsaved people become committed disciples of Jesus.
- To bring RESTORATION to individuals, families and communities through the love and power of Jesus – to see the sick healed, the oppressed set free, the poor released and broken lives mended.
- To RELEASE people into all that God has intended for them as part of a local multi-generational church community.
At Aylsham Community Church we want to be a community of:
- Living thankful lives, respecting everyone, serving humbly and always being ready to learn.
- Romans 12:10 – “Outdo one another in showing honour.”
- In everything we do giving whole-heartedly and extravagantly for the benefit of others.
- 1 Timothy 6:18 – “Be rich in good works…..be generous and ready to share”
- Being a welcoming people, demonstrating kindness, patience and forgiveness to all
- Colossians 3:12-13 – “Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another”
- Being a people who shine with integrity, honesty, and purity – a ‘sample’ not a sermon.
- Hebrews 12:1 – “Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us”
- Stepping out in faith and taking risks for the glory of God
- Joshua 1:9 – “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
At Aylsham Community Church we value:
The Bible is the most important book ever written, packed with life-saving truth and common sense wisdom for everyday living today. It’s for everyone from ordinary individuals struggling to cope, to leaders of nations wrestling with issues of justice and ethics. For us, the Bible has the last say.
Christianity is not a religion. It’s a relationship with a God who is alive today. Jesus Christ himself promised a gift to those who have allowed God to be boss of their lives. His gift is the Holy Spirit, who guides, comforts, counsels, encourages and empowers us. With the Spirit of God in our hearts, our relationship with God is alive, vibrant, full of joy, and full of hope.
The message of God’s unconditional love is summed up in the little word grace. It deeply shapes the way we come to know God as our father, and the way we treat one another both in the church and in daily life. Our identity, security and relationships flow from our experience of God’s grace.
Church is great! That’s the verdict of the members of Aylsham Community Church. The church is so much more than buildings and meetings. It’s a wonderful community of God’s own people. The church is a demonstration to the world of how God wants his people to live and grow and behave towards one-another.
Jesus expects his church to grow! He wants us to grow as individuals in wisdom, maturity and stature. And he wants his church to grow in number, and for the number of churches in the world to multiply! The church is the hope of the world, and we are committed to seeing New Testament pattern churches across Norfolk, this nation, and the world.
Mankind was created to worship God. The worship of God is our most important reason for living. Worship means giving God full credit for every amazing thing that he is, and every wonderful thing he has done. Worship involves our whole being, whether in song on Sunday, or in our attitudes to others in the workplace on Monday.
To join the church is to join an army of people who are committed to sharing every good thing they have received from God with the people around them. The mercy and kindness of God to his people is just too good to keep to ourselves! Showing and telling people the amazing truth about Jesus Christ to people who do not yet know God is one of the highest priorities of the church.
God wants a family for himself, drawn from every nation in the world. One of the main tasks of the church is to join with God in making sure that every people group in the whole world learns about the mercy, grace, kindness and goodness of God, shown through the life, death and resurrection of his son Jesus Christ.